Thursday, July 18, 2013

7/18, Another sketchbook day at the zoo...

...resulted in too many fun, quirky, and invigorating conversations with children, tweens, and teens to recount all of the words.  Most just wanted to watch me draw, and several asked to look through my entire Zoo sketchbook (I keep multiple themed sketchbooks simultaneously.)  One tween came up and introduced himself as an artist by saying "I am an artist myself and can I asked you about what you are doing?" - he then proceeded to discuss my drawings and aesthetic choices.  Another tween proclaimed that he thought I could beat his uncle in an art competition, however to be fair, I believe the outcome of any competition with his uncle would be unpredictable as his uncle is a forensic artist and thus he (the nephew) has very limited exposure to his uncle's talent.  

Sketchbook page, Riverbanks Zoo for long term drawing #16, marker, 
 and pen on paper, 9" x 12"

Sketchbook page, Riverbanks Zoo for long term drawing #17, marker, 
 and pen on paper, 9" x 12"

Forever honored by the Tree 
Forever honored by the Tree
Whose Apple Winterworn
Enticed to Breakfast from the Sky
Two Gabriels Yestermorn.

They registered in Nature's Book
As Robins -- Sire and Son--
But Angels have that modest way
To screen them from Renown.

by Emily Dickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment