Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Finally Finished! Blue Cerberus, details and the completed work.

4/26/2015:  Since I am linking Blue Cerberus to this post from my personal web site, I am going to included some links below that show the evolution of the painting at various stages during its development.  Even though the work was completed during March of 2014, most of the paintings progression occurred during July of 2013.  With that said, the links that look back on the evolution of this work will begin with a link to the month of July from this blog.  To view the past posts, please link on through the dates listed below.

Many thanks, Dawn


  • Blue Cerberus evolving, posted throughout July 2013.
  • Drawing study for Blue Cerberus, posted 9/16/2014.
  • Blue Cerberus at a middle stage, posted 12/17/2013.
  • Blue Cerberus details at a late stage,  posted 1/20/2013.


Blue Cerberus completed, posted 3/4/2014:
I am finally finished, at least for a while.  I am please with the results.  I think the physicality of the paint throughout the image is working together:  the parts of this busy work are working together as a whole.  I would say the same for color.  It feels like, as in all my work, that there is more I can do.  The more will have to transpire in another work.  Sometimes doing more means moving on to other works...Setting sail tonight!

detail

detail

 detail

detail

detail

detail

complete work, acrylic and ink on paper, 36" x 48" - title forthcoming

detail

detail

It takes a long time to grow an old friend.

- John Leonard


2 comments:

  1. Dawn, these are beautiful artworks! I feel in a similar vein... late in PM now so will enjoy more browsing over the weekend. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, and thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete